Five ways to prevent falls in your home:
Do you have someone living in your home at risk of falling? Here are some tips to prevent falls and secure your home for your loved ones!
- Remove loose carpeting or tack down with tape around all edges – this includes area rugs, entryway rugs, etc
- Run cords along walls. If cords must go along a walkway, tape to floor to prevent catching a foot or assistive device (walkers, canes…)
- Install railings at steps and stairs
- Keep clutter off of floors and walkways
- Be aware of pets when walking around, securing in another room if necessary
If you are concerned for yourself or a loved one who is at risk for falling, come see us for a fall risk assessment. We will provide you the tools to
increase your strength, balance, and confidence – all necessary to prevent falls and keep you healthy!