You should never have to wait weeks or months to see a Physical Therapist. From same-day appointments to email and phone access, First Choice Physical Therapy is here for you. With Florida’s direct access you don’t even need a physician’s referral in most cases. Our talented and trusted Doctors of Physical Therapy are here for you today, tomorrow or whenever you may need us. Here is a list of a few things to “expect when you are expecting” to visit our Doctors.
- Expect fast and courteous care- If you have an 8 o’clock appointment and you have all of your paperwork done then you can expect to be seen right away. No packed waiting rooms and uncomfortable chairs. Our Doctors are unlike most you are accustomed to-meaning they hold a very tight schedule and see patients at their scheduled times. Why? Because we value your time and appreciate your business.
- Expect to pay the same amount of money per visit. Most outpatient Physical Therapy clinics have the same contracted rates with the insurance companies. So your co-pay or co-insurance will be the same from clinic to clinic. However, don’t expect the care to be the same. First Choice Physical Therapy is second to none when it comes to customer care. We love our patients and show them every day with our kind, courteous care and luxury amenities that no other clinic in Bay County has. Don’t believe us? Then research for yourselves. Be a good consumer. Do a walk-through of a clinic that you are thinking of using and compare companies. You will be paying the same price, but will you be getting the same care?
- Expect nothing but the highest trained and skilled Doctors of Physical Therapy in the business. Knowledge is power and knowing that your therapist has completed all of the necessary schoolings to become competent in the practice of Physical Therapy is just not enough. Are they good at what they do and are they passionate about helping you to achieve your physical therapy goals? Go to our website www.1stchoicept.com and research our Doctors. We are sure you will find that our skills and education come second only to our passion to serve you.
- Expect outcomes. Through teamwork and hard work, Physical Therapy can accomplish a lot in the way of reducing your pain and getting your mobility back. Often times Physical Therapy can help you to avoid costly and painful surgeries. So tell your Physician you want to try Physical Therapy first and then come to First Choice Physical Therapy. Make your choice clear to the Physician when asking to come to our clinics. Remember, you don’t need a referral to see our Doctors so just call our offices to get your appointment fast. We can usually find you an appointment within 24 hours. We hire the most Doctors of Physical Therapy in Bay County so we should be able to see you fast.
- Expect to answer some detailed questions and perform some activities for testing purposes. Below is the top 10 things to help prepare you for your visit to First Choice Physical Therapy:
- Make a list of any questions that you might have so that you can make the best use of your time with your physical therapist.
- Write down any symptoms you’ve been having and for how long. If you have more than one symptom, begin with the one that is the most bothersome to you.
- Make specific notes about your symptoms. For example, is your pain or other symptom better or worse with certain activities or movements or with certain positions, such as sitting or standing? More noticeable at certain times of the day? Relieved or made worse by resting?
- Write down key information about your medical history, even if it seems unrelated to the condition for which you are seeing the physical therapist.
- Make a list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements that you are taking.
- Write down and describe any injuries, incidents, or environmental factors that you believe might have contributed to your condition.
- Make a list of any medical conditions of your parents or siblings.
- Make sure you can see and hear as well as possible. So wear your glasses and hearing aids.
- If available, bring any lab or diagnostic reports from other health care professionals who have treated you for your current condition.
- You may want to avoid tight or formal clothes, in case the therapist wants you to engage in activities during the first session.
As always, we appreciate your business and want to continue to be your Home Town Physical Therapists. This year we will be celebrating our 20th year in business and are so blessed and grateful that we have great patients who have made this possible.
To your continued health,
Dr. Wade Rinehart, PT, DPT
Doctor of Physical Therapy